Thanks for coming. Let us think about how to avoid over spending at grocery stores.
At least once a week we need to go shopping for fruits, veggies and other staples.
Since food is essential for life, we have to spend some money on it on a regular basis. If we are not careful, the spending can be out of hand. The grocery shops are designed to make us walk through the isles and spend on things.
They could place the milk, and eggs near to the fresh produce isle. But, it usually on the opposite ends. That is to make the customer walk and to see the items on display and to make them spend mindlessly.
- So, know the layout of your regular grocery store. Don't get caught in the beautiful display of processed food.
- Have a list. While making list have the store layout in mind to reduce distracted shopping.
- Know how to store food. Can it be in the freezer? Should it be in a container but outside fridge?
- Know your stores price matching policy. Have flyers handy for price matching.
- Buy those chips in bulk and portion them using ziplock bags. Bulk is less expensive than smaller packs.
- Cook food at home and pack them in re-usable container to work and school.
- Use your freezer.
Till next post....
Sharing is Caring